27 June, 2017

"O pragnieniu moim odnawiającym się jak księżyc" (Eng. Of My Desire Renewing Itself Like the Moon)




---

nie wiem co kocham bardziej
ciebie czy tęsknotę za tobą
czy pocałunki czy pragnienie pocałunków
pewne zaspokojenia
myślałam że już nigdy nie będę pisać wierszy
a teraz serce moje wezbrało miłością jak rzeka
i wystąpiło z brzegów-- jak rzeka
i bystry potok porywa słowa
unosi słowa
i wszystkie mówią o mojej miłości
o mojej tęsknocie
o pragnieniu moim odnawiającym się jak księżyc
gasnącym w słońcu twojego spojrzenia


---
I don't know what I love more
you or the longing after you
the kisses or the desire of kisses
certain gratifications
I thought that I would never again write poems
and now my body has swelled up like a river
and stepped out of its banks -- like a river
and a quick stream snatches away the words
carries off the words
and they all speak of my love
of my longing
of my desire renewing itself like the moon
dimming in the sun of your glance

---
inspired by the poetry of H. Poświatowska 
English translation by Marek Lugowski

No comments :

Post a Comment